It’s all about mental health in sports.
This is the Athlete Mindset podcast. And it’s all about mental health in sports. Presented and produced by SportsEpreneur. Part of the KazSource Podcast Network.
This podcast series is a space for conversations with athletes, coaches, practitioners, and stakeholders in sports. And it’s where those individuals share their perspectives, experiences, and thoughts on mental health in sports.
Featuring: Lisa Bonta Sumii, LCSW, CSW
An Athlete Mindset special episode featuring Lisa Bonta Summi’s thoughts on the importance of therapy.
In this episode, Lisa Bonta Sumii discusses the following topics:
- The importance of seeking out a mental health professional.
- Therapy does not make you weak, and you don’t have to tell everything to your therapist.
- You can engage in preventative therapy; you don’t have to wait for something to happen.
- You can go through a consultation with a therapist to know if it’s a good fit.
- Friends are not a substitute for therapy; both are really important.
Thank you for being part of the Athlete Mindset show!
By supporting the Athlete Mindset community, you will contribute directly to the mental health of athletes. With your amplification, we can ensure more voices are heard and more individuals are impacted. Thank You for making a difference!