Buckeye Nate Oliver and Eric Kasimov take on football topics that are Buckeye Focused! But while a football and some buckeyes brought us together…this podcast and these conversations run deep.
Welcome to Buckeye Focused presented and produced by SportsEpreneur! The newest Buckeye football podcast. This one features Buckeye, Nate Oliver!
It’s Buckeye season. We have to talk about it!
A buckeye here and a buckeye there spawned this podcast. But these conversations go way beyond football and buckeyes. We’ve always said “sports bring people together” and this Buckeye Focused podcast proves that.
Nate Oliver – played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011. Nate is a recent Director of Keith B. Key Buckeye Social Entrepreneurship Program at The Ohio State University.
Eric Kasimov – the founder of KazSource, Inc, a dynamic company managing a portfolio of brands and projects in the areas of content, podcasting, production, sports, mental health, insurance, and ventures. This includes the producer of this podcast and the digital media sports brand, SportsE+.
This podcast is not here to replace Buckeye Talk by Cleveland.com, Menace2Sports with Zach Smith, Morning Five by Bucknuts, Letterman Live, and the many other Buckeye-related podcasts. This podcast exists to allow a Buckeye like you listen in to a conversation featuring a former Buckeye and his co-host talking football. But while football and some buckeyes brought us together…these conversations run deep.
Topics covered include buckeye stories, lessons learned on and off the field, stories of failure and success, insights as to what is going on with the program, game previews, game recaps, player insights, and topics in and around the world of college football like the college football playoff, games around the country, the Big Ten, NIL, and of course players, fans, and media popping off on social media trying to get those clicks. We call it out. Buckeye Focused.
Featuring: Nate Oliver & Eric Kasimov
In this thought-provoking episode, Eric and Nate Oliver engage in a heartfelt dialogue about the power of conversation, the importance of perspective, sharing our personal stories, and the role of reflection in personal growth.
During the podcast, Nate Oliver shares the valuable lessons and experiences he gained during his time at Ohio State. He reflects on the impact that Coach Jim Tressel had on him, the guidance he received, and how “Tresselisms” and “The Block O of Life” shaped his mindset. Nate also discusses the importance of perspective and looking back at where one started to appreciate how far they’ve come. His time at Ohio State, both on and off the field, played a significant role in developing his resilience and understanding of the power of conversation and connection.
- The extremes of public scrutiny and handling pressure
- Gaining perspective through personal experiences and history
- The importance of looking back at where we started
- Stories of survival and resilience from the Holocaust
- The significance of content creation and sharing our personal stories
- How sharing our stories can be therapeutic and create deeper connections
- Reflection on the sacrifices of our ancestors
- The power of perspective in overcoming challenges
- The value of having these conversations, even if they don’t reach a large audience
Join Eric and Nate Oliver in this engaging episode as they share their perspectives on the value of self-reflection, the power of our personal stories, and the importance of appreciating the sacrifices made by those who came before us. They also discuss the role of content creation and podcasting in fostering deeper connections and providing a platform to express our thoughts and experiences. Listen in for an inspiring conversation that highlights the power of conversation and perspective in shaping our lives.
(a quick ask: a rating on Apple Podcasts or Spotify goes a long way!)
Other topics in “The Power of Conversation”:
Buckeye Focused co-hosts:
- Nate played for the Buckeyes mostly under Coach Jim Tressel between 2007-2011. | LinkedIn
- Eric is the founder of KazSource, Inc, and the creator of this platform, SE | LinkedIn | Twitter
Sites you should totally check out:
- need help with your marketing: KazCM
- digital sports media brand for entrepreneurs engaged in sports: SportsEpreneur
Connect with SportsEpreneur:
More Buckeye Focused episodes:
- Why Are You With People Who Don’t Value You? | Jimmie Bell | Buckeye Focused
- Accept Responsibility for the Position You Are In
- Just Drop Down and Do 10 Pushups Right Now | Take Action
Two current projects:
- We published a book! Check it out on Amazon: Altered State of Affairs
- It’s all about mental health in sports: Athlete Mindset podcast
Credits for “Power of Conversation”:
- This podcast was produced by the team at KazCM
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify