Insurance planners consistently ask us for ways to start a conversation about life insurance. It’s a difficult topic for many to talk about, so having properly framed questions is critical both for conversation purposes and starting a plan off correctly. Here are 9 questions we find valuable in starting a conversation about life insurance.
- Do you own life insurance?
- When was the last time you reviewed your life insurance?
- Does your life insurance policy include a long term care solution?
- Do you have disability insurance? Is it group or individual coverage?
- Do you own a business?
- Do you have a business continuation plan?
- Are there key employees that are critical to your business?
- Have you done any estate planning? When is the last time you reviewed your estate plan?
- Are you charitably inclined?
These aren’t the only questions you as the insurance planner can ask and there are many other articles we have on this topic, but this is a list that will lead to important meetings with your client. You can download this list by clicking below.