The side hustle is an amazing thing. Eric welcomes Mike Vernace of ShiftD Hockey to this episode of Entrepreneur Perspectives. Mike lives in Toronto, Ontario with his wife and child. He is a professional hockey player and Co-Founder of ShiftD, where he and his team analyze and mentor hockey players. In this episode they talk about hockey, perspectives on building a business while being an athlete, and why life after sports is so important.
Mike provides unique insights on being a professional athlete and building a business at the same time. For the individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, learning how to pursue your passion while making a living is a critical step on your journey to becoming a business owner. Mike provides examples from his time on the ice and in the business world.
Eric also questions Mike on being traded, specialization in sports, and his perspective on marketing. As always, Eric fires shots at his guest about the books he is reading, favorite phone apps, and of course Super Bowl (and Stanley Cup) predictions.
The show is based around the perspectives of an entrepreneur. And this entrepreneur is full of hustle and passion.
- It’s How you Respond That Counts as Shown by the Kansas City Royals
- The North Carolina Tar Heels Show us How to Come Back From a Tough Loss
- Enjoy the Journey
Useful links from this episode:
- ShiftD Hockey
- Long Term Athletic Development
- Apps mentioned: Instagram, Twitter, Musical.ly, Anchor
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Bullet Proof Diet by Dave Asprey
- Head Strong by Dave Asprey
Sponsor: Wes Connor Insurance
Connect with us:
Thank you so much for listening to this podcast.
We would be so grateful if you:
Subscribe to our email list