Helping athletes grow on and off the court. Our guest today is Galen Duncan, VP of Professional Development for the Sacramento Kings.
In this episode, we discuss dealing with doubters, professional development, and The Sacramento Kings.
Galen is located in Sacramento, California where he works in the King’s office. He has been with the Kings for over a year and previously was the Senior Director of Player Development for the Detroit Lions.
In his role with the Sacramento Kings, Galen is responsible for implementation of the Kings Academy program, a developmental, player-centric curriculum aligning multi-faceted organizational philosophies and ideas to help athletes mature into well-rounded professionals.
His examples of leadership were on full display in our chat. His actions prove he truly cares for the players he leads and truly loves what he does.
Want help growing your business with social media and stories? Learn More.
Useful links from this episode:
Other important links:
- Sacramento Kings
- Sacramento Bee article on Galen Duncan
- Kings.com article on Why the Kings Won’t ‘Shut Up and Dribble’
- De’Aaron Fox
- Marvin Bagley III
- Detroit Lions
- Golden State Warriors
- Rudy Redmond
- University of Michigan
- Jim Tressel
- Lake Superior State
Connect with us:
- Thank you so much for listening to this podcast, “Perspectives on Professional Development” #EPPodcast
- This podcast episode of Entrepreneur Perspectives is brought to you by KazCM. KazCM, a content marketing company for business leaders, helps you and your business merge the networking strategies of the past and the present. When you put it together, good things happen.
- We would be grateful if you gave us a review.
- Music, “Here for the Win” provided by Songwriter Jess
- Check out our sports and entrepreneurial content platform: SportsEpreneur. A place for entrepreneurs that love sports.