A Saviors of the Metaverse “FlashBite” episode! This one goes out to all you 90s rock music lovers (and haters)!
What is a Flash episode?
An ode to one of our heroes. A podcast focused on hilarity (usually), digestibility, focused wisdom, speed, and brevity. All with some “saving” involved. This episode is taken from one of our longer-form episodes. So if you want to listen to that, you should do that.
The setlist of what these 2 rockstars discuss in this episode of “Flash | Sh!tty 90s Rock Music Discussed!”
- Aerosmith’s Farewell Tour
- Mention of Aerosmith’s farewell tour with Black Crowes.
- Personal thoughts on Steven Tyler.
- Distinct Features of Famous Musicians
- Comparing Steven Tyler’s facial features to Freddie Mercury.
- Conversational segue to Freddie Prinze Jr
- Musical Tastes and Biases
- Discussion about judging someone based on their musical preferences.
- Mention of Jeff Buckley as a “litmus test.”
- ’90s Music Opinions
- Personal biases against certain ’90s bands like Matchbox 20 and Smash Mouth.
- Appreciation for Counting Crows.
- The Power of Song Influence
- Hip hop artists’ reaction to “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows.
- Mention of other ’90s bands like The Verve Pipe, Third Eye Blind, and The Fray.
- Discussing Rob Thomas
- Mixed feelings about Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20.
- Mention of Rob Thomas’ appearance on “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”
- Comparing Public Personas with Private Lives
- Personalities on podcasts versus real life.
- The idea of being genuine and expressive.
- Discussion of ’90s Bands
- Brief talks on bands like Hootie and the Blowfish, Vertical Horizon, Stone Temple Pilots (STP).
- The emotional impact of the passing of certain artists like Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland.
- The Spotify Experience
- The revolutionary feel of Spotify’s music selection.
- Comparison with older platforms like Pandora and the Pandora algorithm
- content production
- leverage your future
- sports media brand & production co
- start your own podcast or join a network
- Eric Kasimov & KazSource: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Jared Nichols: LinkedIn
- Saviors of the Metaverse shorts | TikTok | YouTube