Anything but just another diversity podcast!
Your story matters–and that is a big reason why the podcast, “Real Talk with Fanci Worthington and Steve Oliver” was created. In this Entrepreneur Perspectives episode, we talk with Fanci and Steve about why they would start a podcast about diversity.
There is so much diversity talk in Corporate America, but much of it feels hollow. It’s like when an airline or insurance company says they have great customer service. Just because you say it, doesn’t make it true. You have to live it, like Fanci and Steve. Diversity is a sensitive, uncomfortable, and essential topic in business and life. And we absolutely need individuals like Fanci and Steve sharing their stories and the stories of those around them with “real talk”.
In this episode, we get into Fanci and Steve’s stories around sexism and racism. We also hear what it was like to start a podcast and the development of them as individuals because of the podcast. We talk about leaving the company event early and staying late. We get into how you never know what someone is going through. And we get into what it’s like to be the only one in the room.
The KazSource team works with Fanci and Steve and their company, Cetera Financial Group. We believe in Fanci and Steve. It’s an absolute privilege to be able to produce their podcast–we are grateful to be in the room with them as they talk about these topics related to diversity as we all have so much to learn when it comes to this topic. And the hope is conversations like this happen more and more. We hope you’ll give this episode a listen.
You have a story. And I promise you, it matters. No matter your line of work, you can share that story like Fanci and Steve do. Simply put, consider sharing that story. We’d love to support you.
More about Fanci Worthington, Vice President, Branch Manager at Cetera Financial Group | Read this article about Fanci: “Remarkable Women of Charlotte”
More about Steve Oliver, Founder of Manhattan Ridge Advisors
Stephen has provided comprehensive wealth management and financial services for over 27 years. In 2006 he founded Manhattan Ridge Advisors and maintains offices in New York City, Bedminster, and Iselin, NJ.
Stephen’s practice offers solutions for wealth management, income planning and retirement services. Stephen currently serves on the Greater Somerset County YMCA Board and the Cetera Advisor Lifecycle and Diversity Enterprise Action Committee. He has previously been a member of the Board of Governors for Youth at Risk in New York City. (source)
Websites you should totally check out:
- Real Talk Podcast with Fanci & Steve on Spotify (a podcast about diversity)
- KazSource, Inc
- KazCM, ContentMatterz | content brings people together
- SportsEpreneur | the platform where sports, entrepreneurship, and mental health collide
More conversations you should hit play on:
- EP089 | Perspectives on Overcoming Adversity with Frank Van Buren, Former U.S. Army Black Hawk Pilot
- EP114 | Inspiring the Underrepresented Communities with Chris Colbert
- EP138 | Admit What You Want with Diane Tarshis
- EP122 | Mom Entrepreneurs Are the Best with Jill Salzman
Meet you on social media:
That’s a wrap:
- Thank you for listening to this Entrepreneur Perspectives podcast episode titled, “EP141 | Why Start a Podcast About Diversity | Real Talk”.
- Looking to create content or get into podcasting? Let’s chat about it.
- Follow this podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Follow this podcast on Spotify
- This podcast episode of Entrepreneur Perspectives exists because of the content production brand, KazCM | Check it out. Why? Because content brings people together!
- Music (song: Outlaw) as heard on the Real Talk Podcast, Beat Provided By freebeats.io Produced By White Hot
- We want to quickly highlight a company you may not know about but should: for this episode, that is Millennium Counseling Center in Chicago, IL. Their mission is to help people find a way out of the shame and pain often caused by addiction, mental illness, and trauma. Millennium Counseling Center believes that with hard work and dedication, people can reclaim the hope that has been stripped away. When you spend even a moment talking with anyone on the team at Millennium, you see how important you are to them. Also, if you are in and around the sports world, they have a fast-growing sports and performance wellness division. And be sure to subscribe to their Millennium Counseling Center podcast on your favorite podcast app. We work with the team at Millennium — and that’s because we believe in them and know the work they do has real impact. Millenniumhope.com.
Disclaimer for this episode:
Fanci Worthington is a Financial Advisor offering securities and insurance products offered through Cetera Investment Services LLC, member FINRA, SIPC. Advisory services are offered through Cetera Investment Advisers LLC. 5200 77 Center Drive Charlotte, NC 28217 Steve Oliver is a Financial Advisor offering Securities through First Allied Securities, Inc. LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
Advisory services offered through First Allied Advisory Services. First Allied firms are under separate ownership from any other named entity. The views depicted in this material are for information purposes only and are not necessarily those of Cetera Investment Advisers or First Allied Securities. They should not be considered specific advice or recommendations for any individuals. Neither Cetera Investment Advisers or First Allied nor any of its representatives may give legal or tax advice.